ParaMed nurses provide comprehensive wound care management ranging from chronic to post-surgical. Our nurses are experienced in wound and ostomy care, and can help answer questions for the client or family caregiver. We focus on providing quality care for complex or hard-to-heal wounds. Our specialized wound care nurses are recognized for their expertise and highly effective, evidence-based treatments. We visit the home to assess the person's needs and then work with the referring physician to develop a specific plan of care.
Scope of Service
- Assessment, monitoring and management of surgical wounds
- Assessment, monitoring and management of pressure sores/ ulcers
- Wound dressing management
- Personal and family education on how to care for and dress the wound
- Medication and Pain Management
Physicians who would like to refer a patient to ParaMed's services at the Orléans Health Hub must contact the Home and Community Care Services directly.
For more information, visit ParaMed's website.